Host your next gathering on Floor Five:
By requesting a reservation, you acknowledge you have read all of the information and agree to the policies below.
Questions? Contact our Floor Five Coordinator at 423-637-1938 or email@example.com.
Floor Five at The Enterprise Center:
Event Spaces for the Chattanooga Community
The Edney Innovation Building in downtown Chattanooga is home to The Enterprise Center’s Floor Five.
This floor houses free meeting and event space for any creators, innovators, entrepreneurs, and doers,
looking to grow their projects and build community.
Spaces & Amenities:
Seated Capacity: Set up for 55, can be configured for 140*
Description: Multi-use space often utilized for large speaking events and presentations, meetings, panels, teaching, and team-building
Large projector & screen
Epson whiteboard & projector
Handheld microphones & in-room audio
Small portable stage and podium
Rolling room dividers (4)
Movable 6’x2′ tables (8)
Seated Capacity: Set up for 24 classroom style + 16 in Lounge area, can be configured for 100*
Description: Multi-use space often used for large staff meetings, networking, mixers, demonstrations and training
Epson whiteboard & projector
Movable 6’x2′ tables (12)
Lounge chairs (7)
6’ Couches (2)
Large Conference Room:
Seated Capacity: Up to 20
Description: Private conference room best suited for hybrid meetings or large meetings with presentation needs
Google Meet system
TV monitors with HDMI hookup (2)
Rolling office chairs (20)
Movable 6’x2’ tables (2)
Large conference table
Small Conference Room:
Seated Capacity: Up to 10
Description: Small, private conference room for intimate gatherings and meetings
TV monitors with HDMI hookup
Rolling office chairs (8)
Movable 6’x2′ tables
Small conference table
* all spaces have access to shared kitchenette
Floor Five Kitchenette Amenities:
Commercial Ice Machine
Commercial Food Warmer
Filtered Water Dispenser
Coffee Maker + Toaster
Keurig (supply your own pods)
Serving Utensils/Serving Platters
Dishes/Flatware for up to 16
Nursing/Baby Changing Room
Trash Cans with Liners
Cleaning Supplies/Dishwashing Detergent
Utility Cart (upon request)
Welcome to Floor Five:
The Enterprise Center is pleased to provide you with space for your event at no cost. Floor Five was created to ensure that local educators, non-profit organizations, community organizations and entrepreneurs have access to well-equipped spaces for their meetings and events. To keep the cost of managing the space low, we have some guidelines and policies that need to be followed.
Check out our FAQ page for detailed information about any of our policies.
Floor Five Event Policy:
The Enterprise Center is a non-profit organization. Due to our nonprofit status, we do not allow:
- Religious Events
- Political Events
- Events that require paid admission
- Private Social/Family/Birthday Parties
Planning meetings for religious entities and political groups are allowed, but events such as religious services and political rallies are not. Maker groups can collect funds for materials, but events such as paid seminars are not allowed.
If you need to cancel your reservation, notify us at least 48 hours before your event date so others have the opportunity to reserve the space. Failure to notify us of any cancellation will result in a suspension or permanent block on your ability to reserve space on Floor Five.
After-hour and weekend events are limited and on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by the Floor Five Event Coordinator. If you haven’t had a Floor Five walkthrough and held multiple events during regular business hours, your booking request will be denied.
Contact the Event Coordinator for exceptions to this policy. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the time and date of your event, your phone number, expected number of guests, and a detailed description of your event for consideration.
Floor Five Cleaning Policy:
Please leave our community-use space in the same condition that you found it.
- Return furniture to its original configuration (see floor diagrams in each space)
- Wipe down tables, sweep floor (broom and vacuum are in the kitchen)
- If you use the kitchen, put dishes in dishwasher and clean sink and counters
- Tie up full trash bags and leave in the kitchen. Double-bag your trash to avoid leaks.
- Wipe off dry erase boards
- NO GLITTER!
Failure to meet cleaning standards will result in a $150 cleaning fee. The cleaning fee will apply if you fail to double-bag your trash. Failing to meet cleaning standards twice will result in loss of booking privileges.
For multiple-day events, do not leave meeting materials overnight without permission. We are not responsible for any personal belongings left in the spaces.
Floor Five is a shared space so other groups may also be having events. Please be respectful of other guests and do not block access to restrooms and the kitchenette. Please keep noise and traffic to a minimum.
- The first time you use Floor Five technology you must set up a training session with our staff.
- The Enterprise Center is not responsible if your equipment is not compatible with ours.
- Schedule a meeting to test your equipment at least two days prior to your event.
- Leave all tech equipment (cords, adapters, microphones, etc.) where you found them.
- Return all adapters to The Enterprise Center office after your event.
- You will be charged for any equipment that is missing or damaged during your event.
Indicate on the Event Registration Form if you intend to serve alcohol. Alcohol can only be served by licensed bartenders covered by a liability insurance policy. Requirements for serving alcohol:
- Tennessee ABC Permit (two options):
- Catering Company: The easiest way to offer an event that serves alcohol at our facility is by hiring a catering company that already has an alcohol permit attached to their catering license. A copy of the license needs to be submitted 2 weeks prior to your event or it will not be approved.
- Special Event Permit: You can apply to the city of Chattanooga for a Special Events permit.
- Sign an event contract
- Provide a copy of the liability insurance held by your organization.
- A credit card number on file.
Violation of this policy can result in legal action.
The Edney is unlocked between 6:30a–6:30p, Monday–Friday.
Evening/Weekend Events: Require a keycard if your event starts after 6:30p or on weekends. You need to pick up a key by 4p on the day of your event or by 4p on the Thursday prior to your weekend event.
- Return keycards to the blue box in the Enterprise Center office before leaving the building.
- You will lose keycard privileges if you fail to return a keycard more than once.
- Loss of keycard will result in a $150 key replacement fee.
Respect everyone’s safety & only allow guests for your event to enter the building. You must have someone available to open the door to The Edney for your guests to enter the building. Do not prop open the door.
- In an emergency, stairwells are located near the elevators (between the elevators and the Community Space), and through The Enterprise Center office.
- Fire extinguishers are located near the stairwell by the elevators and in The Enterprise Center office.
- A defibrillator is located near the stairwell by the elevators.
- Should a security concern arise during evening or weekend events, call our help line at (423) 637-1938.
- If there is an emergency, call 911.
Phone/Text: 423-637-1938 Mon-Fri, 9a – 5p | Emergencies only after 5p or weekends