How much does it cost to hold an event on Floor Five?
There is no charge.
Floor Five was created to ensure that local educators, non-profit organizations, community organizations and entrepreneurs have access to well-equipped spaces for their meetings and events. The Enterprise Center is a non-profit, so the space is 100% free to use.
Although the Floor Five is free to use, you may incur charges if:
- You fail to meet cleaning standards ($150)
- Fail to return your access key ($150)
- Get locked out of the building, or have any other non-emergency issue that requires a staff member to come on site during off-hours ($50)
- Fail to return cables, adapters, microphones, etc. or damage equipment (replacement cost)
What kinds of events can be held on Floor Five?
Floor Five can accommodate events of all kinds for up to 140 people. People often use the space for meetings, presentations, classes, rehearsals, performances, arts meetups, company retreats, and much more!
Due to our nonprofit status, we do not allow:
- Religious Events
- Political Events
- Events that require paid admission
- Private Social/Family/Birthday Parties
Planning meetings for religious entities and political groups are allowed, but events such as religious services and political rallies are not. Maker groups can collect funds for materials, but events such as paid seminars are not allowed.
- Please respect our guests and our spaces, and hold events ONLY in the areas you have reserved.
- Double check your reservation emails to make sure you are in the correct space.
- To optimize usage, we may shift your event to a different space with similar capacity as the one you reserved. We will notify you if this is necessary.
- The Enterprise Center reserves the right to deny any reservation request or cancel any booking for any reason.
Can I hold an event at night or on the weekend?
Yes, on a case-by-case basis. Since The Edney is only open from 6:30a-6:30p Monday-Friday, space for evening and weekend events is very limited.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of your event, including:
- Date and time
- Number of guests
- Phone number
If you’ve never held an event on Floor Five during regular business hours, your event request will be denied. Contact us to discuss exceptions to this policy.
What if I need to cancel my event?
If you need to cancel your reservation, notify us at least 48 hours before your event date so others have the opportunity to reserve the space. Failure to notify us of any cancellation will result in a suspension or permanent block on your ability to reserve space on Floor Five.
Contact the Floor Five Event Coordinator by email (email@example.com) or text (423-637-1938) if you need to cancel your event.
Can I charge an admission fee for my event?
No. Because our space is community oriented, we ask that public events held on Floor Five are free and open to the public.
Can I serve food and drinks?
Yes. You’re welcome to serve food and (nonalcoholic) drinks! However, you are responsible for cleaning up after your event.
- Floor Five has serving platters, serving utensils, flatware and dishware for 16 place settings available. Bring cups, dishes, utensils, napkins, and other consumables for larger events.
- Put dishes in the dishwasher, run the dishwasher, and leave the sink and counters clean (dishwasher pods are under the sink).
- Do not bring items to cook food. Floor Five has a microwave available, but appliances for cooking or frying are not allowed unless specifically approved by management.
- Floor Five has a commercial food warmer available for catered events.
- A coffee maker is available and you may bring coffee. Clean the coffee pot after use.
- Please do not leave behind creamers and sugars.
- Floor Five has a Keureg coffee maker available if you prefer to bring your own pods.
- We have a commercial ice maker, ice buckets, and beverage dispensers available for your convenience.
What can I do with leftover food or drinks?
The Enterprise Center works closely with our neighbors at Patten Towers. Check with the Floor Five Event Coordinator if they can make a donation run with your excess food!
- Only sealed drinks, snacks and food may be left behind after an event.
- All open food must be disposed of in the trash receptacles provided or removed from the floor.
Can I serve alcohol at my event?
Maybe. Events that serve alcohol must comply with our Floor Five Policies. Requirements for serving alcohol:
- Tennessee ABC Permit (two options):
- Catering Company: The easiest way to offer an event that serves alcohol at our facility is by hiring a catering company that already has an alcohol permit attached to their catering license. A copy of the license needs to be submitted 2 weeks prior to your event or it will not be approved.
- Special Event Permit: You can apply to the city of Chattanooga for a Special Events permit.
- Sign an event contract
- Provide a copy of the liability insurance held by your organization.
- A credit card number on file.
Violation of this policy can result in legal action.
Will anyone be available to help with my event?
You are responsible for setting up and breaking down your event, however The Enterprise Center staff is available during regular business hours if you have any questions!
If you anticipate needing assistance, please make an appointment ahead of time with the Floor Five Events Coordinator, FloorFive@theenterprisectr.org, to learn about the space and how to use the equipment.
What is your cancellation policy?
To cancel your event, we do require a 48-hour notice. Failure to do so could result in suspension or permanent block on your access to the space.
This is a free, community-use space, so it is extremely important to us here at The Enterprise Center that all of the folks who utilize our rooms be respectful of the other community members who rely on the spaces. Failure to cancel your reservation ahead of time blocks others from potentially utilizing the space.
What is your cleaning policy?
Guests must fully clean up after each event. Specific guidelines for cleaning will be listed in booking confirmation emails, as well as in binders posted in each space. If the space is not cleaned/re-set properly, there is a cleaning fee.
How do I use the available technology in the spaces?
The first time you use Floor Five technology you must set up a training session with our staff. Schedule a meeting to test your equipment at least two days prior to your event.
- Each space has a display that connects to your device via HDMI cable. Please check your computer port ahead of time to see if you need to bring an adapter.
- USB-C to HDMI adapters are available from the Event Coordinator.
- The Large Conference Room has a Google Meet system complete with camera and microphones. Contact the Floor Five Event Coordinator for a training session.
- If you are going to use the TV screens, Projectors, Google Meet system, or audio/visual equipment, please reach out to schedule a training session. The training session must take place no later than 24 hours before your event start time.
- Leave all tech equipment (cords, adapters, microphones, etc.) where you found them.
- Return all adapters to The Enterprise Center office after your event.
- You will be charged for any equipment that is missing or damaged during your event.
How do I get to Floor Five?
Our Address is 1100 Market St, #500, Chattanooga, TN.
You have access to Floor Five between 6:30 AM and 6:30 PM on weekdays.
Use the entrance on East 11th Street (directly across from Patten Towers and The Pickle Barrel) and take the elevator up to the fifth floor. There is a display in the lobby that lists names and locations of the events taking place. If you need to get to the offices, turn right upon exiting the elevators and proceed all the way to the end of the building. Please respect the safety of our visitors and staff by only allowing guests for your event to enter the building.
Where do I park?
On-street parking is available in front and behind The Edney. The City charges for on-street parking Monday-Saturday from 6a-6p. A paid lot is available on the corner of Market and 11th streets, diagonally across from The Edney (across the street from the Pickle Barrel). Warehouse Row has a paid parking deck behind The Edney.