Come work with us!
We are currently seeking a video storyteller to join the Chattamatters team. If you’d like to stay informed about future openings at The Enterprise Center, please join our mailing list.
Video Storyteller – Chattamatters
The Enterprise Center in Chattanooga, TN, seeks a talented and creative storyteller to work on a small team that produces the hyper-local civic education series, Chattamatters, which was recently launched. This series uses short-form videos and other platforms to demystify topics such as: affordable housing, homelessness, workforce training, public infrastructure, elections, smart city projects, and more.
The video and multimedia series aims to increase civic engagement and transparency in local government. Working closely with the director and staff video/graphics producer, you will create a dynamic and engaging series that explains aspects of local government and explores Chattanooga’s biggest challenges. We aim to reach a vast and diverse local audience. This is a new project, and it represents a unique approach to local government communications; we’re counting on your talents and creative vision to help grow this series from the ground up.
The video storyteller will be expected to conduct interviews and turn interview footage into a compelling narrative on a deadline. The ideal candidate will have experience shooting interviews and b-roll, editing footage, and writing scripts.
What we’re looking for:
- Background in journalism, documentary, or any podcast/video storytelling. Wherever you’ve gained your experience, the main quality we’re looking for is that you’re a talented storyteller who is devoted to refining your craft.
- Curiosity. You seek to understand how things work and why they work that way. You enjoy research and figuring out who would be great to interview.
- Creativity. While you may develop a process, you are always interested in trying new approaches. This is an experimental series, and we are continually rethinking the best way to tell stories and visually illustrate ideas.
- Top-notch communicator. You can take complex topics and break them down in a way that’s easy for the public to understand, all while maintaining the utmost dedication to accuracy. You use a variety of innovative methods to explain hard-to-understand concepts.
- Enthusiastic collaborator. Each project is highly collaborative and requires a high-level of communication and engagement from each member of the three-person team. You should thrive in a collaborative work environment, being open to feedback and also willing to offer it.
- Highly organized. You can keep a project on track, keeping in mind all the small pieces that will be needed to complete it. You’re always looking ahead, and you meet deadlines.
This position is located in Chattanooga, Tenn. Want to learn more about Chattanooga?
Take a look at this video from the Chattanooga Tourism Company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=r0NIFOdkh2Q
This is a full-time position with benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) contributions. The salary range is $45,000 – $50,000.
The deadline to apply is May 30.
If interested in applying for this position, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Video Storyteller” and include the following :
- Your resume
- 2-4 samples of videos you shot and edited
- A statement of interest
About The Enterprise Center: