We, the Staff and Executive Committee of the Board of The Enterprise Center, stand firmly with the Black community as we experience pain, anger, and grief over the violent treatment and murder of so many in the Black community. We will learn from this experience by reflecting, discussing, and taking actions that continually fight for racial equity and justice.
The team has come up with the following initial action steps:
- Create a statement of equity to be posted publicly online and in our community event spaces
- Increase racial equity training for staff
- Bring more diverse representation onto our board of directors
- Integrate racial equity resources into our existing digital training program (Tech Goes Home)
- Use more data and mapping to help us better understand redlining and to help us make decisions, particularly around our digital equity and inclusion work
- Increase our commitment to supporting Black-owned businesses through contract work and to use online platforms to promote those businesses
- Take a hard look at our history and acknowledge and learn from successes and missed opportunities to be a better partner in the fight for justice and equity.
Signed, The Staff and Executive Committee of the Board The Enterprise Center