The Enterprise Center seeks a technology coordinator for a new statewide program that will offer digital skills training for early child care educators. A brand new role, the right candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside a passionate team of and build a first-of-its-kind initiative supporting a new generation of tech-savvy early childhood educators across Tennessee. The program, Tech Goes Home TN for Early Child Care Agencies and Educators (TGHTN ECCA&E), will be an expansion of The Enterprise Center’s digital inclusion program, Tech Goes Home Chattanooga. This position is funded through a contract with the Tennessee Department of Human Services and Signal Centers, Inc. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about professional development for early childhood educators to oversee the successful launch of the new initiative.
Since 2015, Tech Goes Home Chattanooga has trained more than 5,500 in digital skills, including 220 early childhood educators. Early childhood educators who have completed the program have reported meaningful impact in their personal and professional lives, opening up possibilities for continued education and certifications, as well as increased ease in completing tasks online and improved communication with family. At Tech Goes Home, we believe that digital literacy is vitally important to all people, especially early childhood educators; we are looking for a program coordinator who shares that belief.
Duties will include:
- Working with the Program Manager and regional Technology Coaches to ensure devices are available for Tech Goes Home class participants
- Supervising the Help Desk operations and employees
- Providing support for the development and management of Help Desk procedures and narratives
- Soliciting and reviewing Help Desk caller feedback and incorporate changes as needed
- Working with our contractor, Signal Centers, to ensure on-time and accurate device delivery
- Working with Program Manager and Technology Coaches to develop and keep current all curriculum offerings
- Preparing reports and providing status updates to Program Manager
- Assisting in the training of regional Technology Coaches and providing technology support for Tech Goes Home classes
- Compiling low-cost internet options for each region of the state
- Managing the TGH TN website and keeping all information and curriculum current
- Facilitating the repair or replacement of faulty devices
The ideal candidate should possess the following experience:
- Proficiency with TN required Early Childhood professional development process and software, including the TAM database
- Proficiency in basic computer functions – Google Docs, Google Sheets, and other Google Suite apps
- Experience with Tier 1 IT support or relevant experience
- Proficiency in website design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS Degree or relevant equivalent experience
- Bilingual (Spanish – written and spoken) a plus
- Criminal background screening
- This position works remotely, and travels frequently throughout the state of Tennessee. Regular use of a personal vehicle and maintenance of personal auto insurance in accordance with TN state law is required.
- Physical examination including TB skin test or chest X-ray is required within 30 days of employment.
This is a full-time position with benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) contributions. The salary is $45,000 – $52,000. If interested in applying for this position, please send an email with your resume and a statement of interest to email@example.com with the subject line “Technology Coordinator TGH TN.”
As public health guidelines permit, this is an in-person position based at The Enterprise Center’s office in Chattanooga, TN. Some travel across the state will be required.
About The Enterprise Center and Tech Goes Home Chattanooga
The Enterprise Center is dedicated to making the Chattanooga and Hamilton County region a place where technology helps people live better lives. It is the parent organization of Tech Goes Home Chattanooga and Tech Goes Home Tennessee.
The Enterprise Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.