The Enterprise Center seeks a Technology Coach in the South Central Tennessee region for a new statewide program that will offer digital skills training for early child care educators. The South Central Tennessee region includes the following counties: Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Hickman, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Marshall, Maury, Moore, Perry, & Wayne. The program, Tech Goes Home TN for Early Child Care Agencies and Educators (TGHTN ECCA&E), will be an expansion of The Enterprise Center’s digital inclusion program, Tech Goes Home Chattanooga. This position is funded through a contract with the Tennessee Department of Human Services and Signal Centers, Inc. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about professional development for early childhood educators to help successfully launch the new initiative.
Since 2015, Tech Goes Home Chattanooga has trained more than 5,500 in digital skills, including 220 early childhood educators. Early childhood educators who have completed the program have reported meaningful impact in their personal and professional lives, opening up possibilities for continued education and certifications, as well as increased ease in completing tasks online and improved communication with family. At Tech Goes Home, we believe that digital literacy is vitally important to all people, especially early childhood educators; we are looking for a program coordinator who shares that belief.
Duties will include:
- Teaching early child care educators and agency owners how to effectively use a computer and various softwares and apps to perform work-related tasks through the Tech Goes Home curriculum
- Providing ongoing 1-to-1 tech coaching to agencies and educators
- Assisting with ongoing outreach to the community via meetings, social media, newsletters etc.
- Presenting to organizations and agencies across designated region to effectively market and communicate programmatic goals
- Maintaining training records and survey data for each participant
- Providing regular reports to the Program Manager and Technology Coordinator
- Working with the Technology Coordinator to ensure participants receive a computer in a timely manner
- Working with the Help Desk staff to ensure agency and educator questions are answered in a timely manner
- Working with CCR&R staff, especially the Small Business Specialist, in the region and attending required regional and statewide staff meetings
The ideal candidate should possess the following experience:
- Proficiency with TN required Early Childhood professional development process and software, including the TAM database
- Proficiency in basic computer functions – Google Docs, Google Sheets, and other Google Suite apps
- Proficiency in programs similar to: Survey Monkey, Canva, and Mailchimp
- Experience with teaching adult learners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS Degree or relevant equivalent experience
- Bilingual (Spanish – written and spoken) a plus
- Criminal background screening
- This position works remotely, and travels frequently throughout the South Central Tennessee region. Regular use of a personal vehicle and maintenance of personal auto insurance in accordance with TN state law is required.
- Physical examination including TB skin test or chest X-ray is required within 30 days of employment.
About The Enterprise Center and Tech Goes Home Chattanooga
The Enterprise Center is dedicated to making the Chattanooga and Hamilton County region a place where technology helps people live better lives. It is the parent organization of Tech Goes Home Chattanooga and Tech Goes Home Tennessee.
This is a full-time position with benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) contributions. You will also receive mileage reimbursement for any work-related travel. The salary is $42,000 – $47,000. If interested in applying for this position, please send an email with your resume and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “South Central TN – Technology Coach TGH TN.”
This position will work remotely, with residence in the South Central Tennessee region preferred. Some travel across the region will be required.
The Enterprise Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.