The Enterprise Center in Chattanooga, TN, seeks a talented and creative videographer to produce a new video series aimed at increasing civic engagement and transparency in local government. Working hand-in-hand with the director and our partners at the City of Chattanooga, you will create a dynamic and engaging series that explains aspects of local government and explores the city’s biggest challenges. The series will also highlight human stories of extraordinary individuals and communities. We’re looking for someone with a strong background in motion graphics (or an interest in learning). We aim to reach a vast and diverse local audience.
This is a new project, and it represents a unique approach to local government communications; we’re counting on your talents and creative vision to help bring this series to life.
What we’re looking for:
- Background in journalism, documentary, or any video storytelling. Wherever you’ve gained your experience, the main quality we’re looking for is that you’re a talented storyteller who is devoted to refining your craft.
- Curiosity and creativity. You seek to understand how things work and why they work that way. You enjoy research and figuring out who would be great to interview. While you may develop a process, you are continually interested in trying new approaches.
- Top-notch communicator. You can take complex topics and break them down in a way that’s easy for the public to understand, all while maintaining the utmost dedication to accuracy. You use a variety of innovative methods to explain hard-to-understand concepts.
- Experienced interviewer and camera operator. You must be comfortable with all aspects of shooting b-roll and interviews. Sometimes you will conduct interviews alone, while other times you’ll be collaborating with the director.
- Enthusiastic collaborator. While you are the lead producer on this series, you will be working closely with the director. You should thrive in a collaborative work environment, being open to feedback and also willing to offer it.
- Flexible and adaptable. Though we put the highest priority on planning, inevitably, plans change and obstacles arise. You should be willing to adapt to an evolving project and find creative solutions to challenges.
- Preferred: Motion graphics design. Much of this series will serve as an “explainer” of how things work, or how they could work — we would love to find someone who can use animation to bring simple and complex concepts to life.
About the Enterprise Center
The Enterprise Center is a nonprofit partner to the City of Chattanooga and Hamilton County, focused on economic development in our region. We are a small organization that works behind-the-scenes on some of our region’s most innovative and impactful projects. Working with the City, County, and other public and private partners, we aim to create a future where technology helps all citizens participate, innovate, and live better lives.
This position is located in Chattanooga, Tenn. Want to learn more about Chattanooga?
Take a look at this video from the Chattanooga Tourism Company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=r0NIFOdkh2Q
This is a full-time position with benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) contributions. The salary range is $40,000 – $50,000. If interested in applying for this position, please send an email with your resume, 3-5 work samples, and a statement of interest to email@example.com with the subject line “Video Producer.” The deadline to apply is midnight on October 23.
Because this position requires in-person work, we expect our team members to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
The Enterprise Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.