Employer: The Enterprise Center
Reports to: Project Manager
Position: Orchard Knob Connected Communities Grant – Community Liaison
Project: Orchard Knob Community/TVA Grant
Through a pilot grant from TVA’s Connected Communities program, community partners are working alongside the Orchard Knob Neighborhood Association to invest in home improvements, connectivity and public health across the neighborhood. As a continuation of the original home project launched by the Orchard Knob Collaborative and Habitat for Humanity in 2019, the Community Liaison will work hand-in-hand with project partners and residents, supporting a first-of-its-kinds initiative within this historic neighborhood and community.
The Orchard Knob Collaborative’s mission is to improve the health and well being of the Orchard Knob community by addressing the social determinants of health through improvements to physical infrastructure, social infrastructure and healthy living. The goal of the partnership is to direct investments from Parkridge and their partners to neighborhood priorities; other member organizations of the Collaborative include the City of Chattanooga, EPB, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga, the United Way of Greater Chattanooga, green|spaces, the YMCA of Greater Chattanooga, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Chattanooga Design Studio, Parkridge Medical Center and The Enterprise Center.
- Learn about options for support from each organization and communicate regularly with the community – both in person and in terms of virtually managing emails and back-end work.
- Participate in community meetings and attend regular events, including Neighborhood Watch Association Meetings, seeking community input to ensure strong communication with collaborative partners.
- Assist with decision making regarding resource allocation, using community based priorities.
- Facilitate conversations between the community and the various resource providers.
- Expedite the deployment of resources by building relationships and collaborations between the community and resource providers.
- Organize and facilitate meetings between the community and resource providers.
- After receiving training, assist community members to access resources, for example assist in the adoption of free home broadband through the Affordable Connectivity Project or other low/no cost program.
- Assist the Project Manager with regular data collection and reporting.
- Currently or recently reside/work in the Orchard Knob community.
We seek a Community Liaison who has experience and skill in the following categories:
- Community Organizing
- Project management assistance
- Community engagement
- Building community consensus
- Event planning
- Metrics and data management
- Collaborative online tools (Google Suite, Slack, etc)
- Social Media
- Bilingual – Spanish and English
Salary Range and Benefits: This is a full time position with a salary of $35,000 to $40,000. Benefits include health insurance, This is a grant funded position with an anticipated grant end date of 12/31/23. Additional funding will be sought to continue to fund the position beyond the grant end date.
Working schedule will vary and will likely include some evening and weekend events. The position has some flexibility to work a hybrid schedule – with some home/office work – to be determined in collaboration with the employer.
This job posting will close end-of-day Nov. 2nd. To apply, please email resumes + cover letters to email@example.com with the subject line OKC Community Liaison application.
* Those interested but with no prior experience in / current connections to the Orchard Knob community are asked to consider applying for another role.