The Enterprise Center seeks a talented writer and multimedia storyteller to serve as our team’s Marketing and Communications Manager. We are a small organization that works behind-the-scenes on some of our region’s most innovative and impactful projects; we are looking for someone who can explain complex work in a way that’s exciting and easy to understand.
The Enterprise Center works to further economic development in the Chattanooga and Hamilton County region through promoting equitable access to technology and other resources. This position offers a high level of exposure and the chance to develop strong relationships with key players in our region’s economy.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong writer. We are hoping to find someone who is adept in various modes of communication, but first and foremost, we’re looking for someone with writing and editing chops.
- Can see the big picture. You should be able to understand and communicate how The Enterprise Center’s various programs serve overarching goals. We’re looking for someone who can, not only, explain specific programs, but can tell a bigger story of TEC’s impact on our community.
- Creative thinker. You get excited about coming up with innovative ways to help our work stand out, whether it’s creating social media campaigns, newsletter features, video series, or flyers.
- Enthusiastic collaborator. While you will oversee various communications efforts, many on our team pitch in to create content. We’re looking for someone who enjoys a collaborative process and isn’t afraid to take the lead when appropriate.
Your duties will include:
- Publish monthly newsletter for The Enterprise Center and assist with publication of weekly Innovation District newsletter
- Oversee social media from The Enterprise Center’s three brands: The Enterprise Center, The Innovation District, and Tech Goes Home. You will be responsible for creating content as well as guiding other staff members in content creation.
- Keep website up to date
- Pitch stories to media and serve as contact for journalists
- Write blogs and press releases
- Assist in preparation of presentations and talking points
- Perform various other marketing and communications tasks as needed
- Strong writing and editing skills
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms
- Minimum 3 years experience in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- BA/BS Degree, or equivalent work experience
About The Enterprise Center
The Enterprise Center is dedicated to making the Chattanooga and Hamilton County region a place where technology helps people live better lives and entrepreneurs can thrive. We help promote access to technology and the internet through programs like Tech Goes Home and HCS EdConnect; we power The Innovation District and the event space at The Edney; and we support Smart City initiatives through our work with the City of Chattanooga, UTC, and other partners. Our work is highly collaborative, as we work with countless community partners, ranging from small neighborhood organizations to large corporations.
This is a full-time position with benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) contributions. The salary range is $40,000 – $50,000. If interested in applying for this position, please send an email with your resume and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing & Communications Manager.” The deadline to apply is midnight on October 23.
Because this position requires in-person work, we expect our team members to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
The Enterprise Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.