The Social Media intern will assist The Enterprise Center (TEC) in creating awareness of its initiatives and strategies, showcasing the unique assets and energy of the Innovation District, and in building support for TEC programming by creating, writing and sharing web-based and social media content. This position will report directly to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
Specific duties of this position will include, but are not limited to:
Developing a keen understanding of the mission, initiatives, applications, research and strategy of The Enterprise Center and The Innovation District
- Manage social media content for The Enterprise Center and The Innovation District of Chattanooga social media assets including:
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written) to share about TEC and The Innovation District relevant to the audience.
- Covering events, mixers and activities within the Innovation District that show the diverse activities happening and sharing posts and photos to social media.
- Monitoring and sharing local and national media stories related to TEC initiatives and the Innovation District through appropriate channels.
- Become an advocate for the The Enterprise Center and The Innovation District of Chattanooga in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Must be able to dedicate 10 hours per week
- Must have excellent communication (written and oral), copywriting, editing, presentation and interview skills.
- Comfortable with web-based communication tools and collaboration technologies and knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms
- Basic graphic design skills, photo and video-editing software is an asset such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
- Must be a self-starter and show initiative on projects
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- Proficient command of English
If interested in applying for this position, please send an email with your resume, a writing sample, and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Social Media Intern.” This is a paid, part-time position.