About Tech Goes Home Chattanooga Tech Goes Home Chattanooga (TGH CHA) is The Enterprise Center’s digital inclusion initiative for residents across Hamilton County. TGH CHA is modeled after the national, award-winning Tech Goes Home program. Founded in Boston, Tech Goes Home has successfully provided participants with the tools, education and access required for 21st century skills development since 1999. Tech Goes Home Chattanooga partners with schools, public libraries, churches, nonprofits, and other organizations across Hamilton County to offer free courses designed to help residents develop skills and habits required for smart technology and Internet use. Participants receive 15 hours of classroom training to help them understand why the Internet is relevant in their daily lives, have the option to purchase a new Chromebook or tablet for only $50 (upon completion of the course), and receive assistance in obtaining access to low-cost home Internet.
About The Enterprise Center The Enterprise Center, a non-profit economic development partner to the City of Chattanooga and Hamilton County region, unites people, organizations and technology to build an advanced and inclusive future for our community, with a focus on equity, collaboration, economic mobility, and Smart City innovation.
Job Description As a Community Relations Specialist, you will build and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations that can support the mission of Tech Goes Home Chattanooga. The Community Relations Specialist will be an ambassador for the organization and communicate the organization’s vision within the local community. You will help the Tech Goes Home team manage relationships with elected officials, organizations, foundations, and businesses in order to develop programmatic partners and funders. Excellent interpersonal skills are a must, as you’ll build rapport with various community groups and organizations.
- Identifies new opportunities for partnership development and stakeholder outreach, working directly with community organizations and businesses to grow the footprint and impact of Tech Goes Home classes and partnerships.
- Establishes, cultivates and maintains contact with members of the community and representatives of community groups; initiates, coordinates and attends relevant meetings and work sessions.
- Communicates directly with both current and potential community partners, building trusting relationships, and meets with prospective business, foundation and community partners, as well as elected officials, around relevant opportunities. Prepares and delivers promotional presentations, attending and assisting with organizing program events and campaigns.
- Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of elected officials and local government agencies, funding organizations, non-profit partners and area businesses.
- Assists the TGH Program Director and TEC Communications Manager with creating marketing, fundraising and other program materials.
- Supports the TGH Program Director and Enterprise Center CEO in identifying funding sources (foundations, businesses, government - local, state, national), applying for grants and writing proposals.
- Collaborates with the TGH Program Director and TGH Program Coordinator to strategically select site partners.
- Engages with TGH trainers and participants to develop an ongoing understanding of the TGH program and digital divide in Chattanooga and Hamilton County.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or at least 4 years of transferable work experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An understanding of the non-profit, voluntary and social services sector
- Donor database or volunteer management software experience a plus
- Design experience a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours
Salary & Employee Benefits
- $40,000 - $50,000/year, salary commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
As with many non-profit organizations, all positions are contingent on continued funding.
*This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; and employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.